Orange County COVID-19 Program – EXTENDED THROUGH 1/29/2021
General Questions – 407-836-3111
- Individuals earning less than $75,000 will receive $600.
- Married couples earning less than $150,000 will receive $1,200.
- If you have children, you will receive $600 per child.
- Individuals earning more than $75,000 and less than $87,000 – and couples earning more than $150,000 and less than $174,000 – are eligible for a lesser amount.
Enhanced Unemployment Benefits
If you have lost your job, you can apply for state unemployment benefits http://www.floridajobs.org/
Congress is enhancing state unemployment to provide more income and to cover more people.
- Adds $300 per week until March 14, 2021 on top of state unemployment.
- Adds up to 11 weeks of additional unemployment benefits to those already enrolled but who are nearing the end of benefits (maximum number of weeks of benefits increased to 50 from 39).
- Expands the program to include a number of workers not normally eligible to receive unemployment benefits. This includes:
- Independent contractors/gig workers
- Those with limited work history
- Employees who are still employed, but whose hours have been reduced
It is important to apply as soon as possible. To help expedite aid, the federal government is funding the first week of benefits to encourage states to waive traditional waiting periods, but it may still take a couple of weeks to be processed. (Check out this link for more government assistance https://www.nmhc.org/research-insight/analysis-and-guidance/covid19/support-for-renters-during-covid-19/)
Catholic Charities of Central Florida
1771 N Semoran Blvd
Orlando, Florida 32807
Call the non-profit charity at (407) 658-1818 or 407-658-0999
Numerous social services are offered in partnership with other churches. They offer Family Assistance, help for paying rent or basic utilities and other aid. All services are by appointment only.
Christian Services of Orange County and Central Florida – Housing programs are available, including for rent or mortgage assistance. They may also coordinate shelters and meals. Some low income families may be provided a loan to pay any back rent expenses due. Call 407-425-2523. More on Christian Services rent help in Orange County.
Metro-Orlando Urban League – Numerous housing and tenant counseling services are offered. Dial 407-841-7654. This may include referrals for emergency rental assistance or eviction prevention programs. Mortgage help and foreclosure prevention is offered too.
Orange County Human Services – Offers government benefits and solutions. This may include section 8 housing vouchers, emergency, one time crisis aid for rent, and more. Telephone number is 407-836-6500.
Central Florida Salvation Army Centers offer shelter, transitional housing, and limited amounts of financial aid. They can also help single parents, the disabled, and victims of domestic violence. Some emergency, one time help for rent or energy bills may be offered.
- Orange County and Orlando, call 407-423-8581
- Seminole County, telephone number is 407-322-2642
- Osceola regional location is at 407-931-4343
Jewish Family Services
Main address is 2100 Lee Rd
Winter Park, FL 32789
They may be able to provide no interest loans and financing for housing needs, including rent or deposits. Clients will be enrolled into self-sufficiency as well.
American Red Cross can help with disasters. This will be for people impacted by fires, floods, hurricanes and more. They also partner with other groups and charities, such as the Salvation Army. Shelters, food, and basic needs can be met. Call 407-894-4141.
Orlando Housing Authority
390 N. Bumby Avenue
Orlando, Florida, 32826
For information, dial (407) 895-3300
May also have information on government subsidized housing, HUD vouchers, and homebuying programs.
Orange County Miracle of Love is located at 741 West Colonial Drive in Orlando. The run the Housing Opportunities for People with AIDS, or H.O.P.W.A.. There may be grants for low income people with HIV or AIDS. Funds can help with rent/mortgage/utilities or other housing assistance. Dial (407) 843-1760.
Heart of Florida United Way
Location is 1940 Traylor Boulevard
Orlando, Florida 32804
For intake, dial (407) 835-0900
Grants or loans from EEG can help those with an eviction notice or the currently homeless. Emergency rental assistance and case management is available. The goal is to help people gain housing stability.